Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My New Pet Turtle

I know absolutely nothing about turtles. Matter of fact, I've never owned anything but dogs, nor have I really ever cared to. I've never even considered owning anything other then another dog.

But today, the strangest thing happened when I got into a work. I walked through the door, and there on the floor, was a turtle.

Kinda threw me off a little. I mean, it's not everyday that you go to work and find a turtle in the office. First thing I did was call up Cornholio's mom and ask her if she was aware that there was a turtle just walking around her living room.

She just laughed and said yes, and really didn't offer much more explanation to how the turtle had ended up inside her home. All she mentioned was that she had planned on giving him away.

The whole day, I sat around pondering whether or not I should take the little fucker home. As I've already mentioned, I know nothing about turtles.

After watching the turtle roam around the house all day, not the slightest bit intimidated by my presence, I began to realize that he had possibly already been someones pet.



I named her, Lithium, mostly because I like to name other peoples pets after prescription drugs and yet have never given a prescription drug name to any of my animals (Before we were living together, I had once named one of Cornholio's cats Ritalin and the name actually stuck). Lithium also happens to be the name of one of my favorite songs by Nirvana.

From my research on the internet, I think that Lithium is a female box turtle, but I could be wrong. Anyone out there know anything about turtles, please hit me up. I'm kinda lost here and could really use the help.

Leave a comment, send an email to angrygirlfriend@gmail.com, whatever. By now, you people should know how to get a hold of me.

Oh and, Cornholio's mom has absolutely no idea that I took the turtle home with me. I kinda forgot to tell her that I was going to take Lithium home, but I really don't think she'll mind.

No comments: