Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Inauguration Day

I had happened to hear that people living in the DC metropolitan area were putting up their houses up for renting for Inauguration Day at ridiculously high prices.

I started to think to myself, "Well I live in the DC area. I wonder how much I could get for my house?"

So back onto Craigslist I went, but this time, my ad is genuine. So this is my ad:

2br - Every one else is renting their homes for Inauguration, might as well (Maryland)


Reply to: hous-925330232@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-11-19, 9:35AM EST


Approx a 20 minute drive to downtown DC. Close to shopping centers. Less then a mile to I-95.

I have a 2 story condo. 2 Bedrooms, 1 full bath, 1/2 bath.

If you want to have a smoke out on my deck, that's fine, but absolutely no smoking inside the house.

Also, if you're pets are house trained, you're more then welcomed to bring them for the week.

You get the whole place to yourself. I wont be around because to be quite honest, I really don't care about the whole Inauguration thing.

$10,000 for the whole week or best offer. If you're interested in a shorter stay, we can still work something out.

ALL OFFERS WILL BE CONSIDERED.

Like I said, I really don't care about the Inauguration thing, so I wont be around anyways. Might as well make some cash while I'm away.

Now of course, I don't actually expect to make that much money from renting my house for a week, but I figured, start high cause people will surely respond and bid low.

I do have a magic number in mind, and if I get that offer, I surely wouldn't mind being inconvenienced for a week, maybe less.

I would tell you guys but, who knows. Someone out there reading my blog might actually be interested in renting my house for Inauguration Day.

They say it's a historical event. Personally, I don't really see the big deal. The new president being sworn in is just a darker shade of white.

Anyhow, let the bidding wars begin!

No comments: