Monday, January 19, 2009

Inauguration Day Hell

I have never been so annoyed in my life to be a resident of Washington, DC as I have been this past weekend and the days to come.

With the Inauguration of the first biracial president (call him African-American all ya'll want. It wont change the fact that he is half white), the city is in complete chaos.

I am so annoyed by the presence of all of these celebrities and out of state people coming down here for an event that's been mislabeled to begin with.

I will admit that it is a historical event, but it doesn't change the fact that he's still not technically the first African-American president. He's biracial, people.

So call it what it is. The first biracial president.

Even Obama himself has referred to himself as a "mutt". Obviously, he's aware of the fact that he's biracial so I don't get why no one else seems to understand that.

So far, the biggest change that Obama has brought is major traffic in our little city with all this commotion of him preparing to take over the White House.

As if it's not complicated enough getting around with all the one way streets and weird turns, now, for the next 2 days, we have to find new ways to get around with all the road closures.

Hopefully, the first thing on his agenda will be to fix all the fucked up roads and potholes cause anyone who lives in the area can tell you how fucked up the streets are, thought I think that technically that's the mayors job (keep up the good work, Fenty).

I can't wait for all you city invaders to leave. As if I don't suffer from enough road rage as it is. Fuuuuuuck...

No comments: