Tuesday, October 6, 2009

New Job

I have been bitchin for the longest time about my crappy job that I hated back on the East Coast. Naturally, since I'm not living on the East Coast anymore and no longer employed by my soon to be ex-mother-in-law, I've had to find a new job.

After applying for countless office positions, I realized not only did I not want another office job, but I really hate working in offices.

So, I applied for a job working as a... Swim Instructor!

For many of you, this may come as a surprise since you have no idea that I'm like a fish in the water.

I swam competitively for 10 years and worked as a life guard for 3 years and a pool operator for 2 years.

I got the job, and I'm currently in training. Just cause I swim like a fish doesn't mean I know how to teach others to swim like a fish, which is why they have training.

So far, all I can say is that I really, really, like this job... a lot.

It just doesn't feel like a real job. I get to go to work in a bathing suit, no one cares about tattoos or what color your hair is, and I'm swim around with kiddies teaching them how to swim while goofing off with them.

It's the best job ever!

I don't know what it is about Las Vegas, but it seems to be bringing out the best in me.

I love this place!

No comments: