Monday, September 10, 2012

Cause You Put It In The Air

I can't remember the last time I've been pulled over by the police.  I have a clean driving record and the last time I was pulled over had to be well over 8 years ago.

Today, the unthinkable happened and I was pulled over... For speeding... In a school zone...  Doesn't get much better than that.  Luckily it was before school hours and I was only going about 6 MPH over the speed limit.  But still, it sucks.

I apologized to the officer and started to explain that I had just moved to that part of town and wasn't familiar with where I was going, but I'm not going to make excuses because I should have been paying closer attention, and handed him my license and registration.  He was pretty cool about the whole thing, but all the same I got a ticket.

Minutes before I was pulled over, I was chatting with Titusville and this is the exact transcript from the conversation I had with him before I left the house.  This was the conversation:

8:09 AM Titusville: good luck. dont speed

8:10 AM Me: I wont

Five minutes later....

8:15 AM Me: Got pulled over

8:15 AM Titusville: nahuh

8:16 AM Me: Yep

8:16 AM Titusville: c'mon! I just told you to not speed

Yes, this really happened.  And yes, I do blame you, Titusville.  You put that shit in the air and I got pulled over.

So now I have a nice little court summons to deal with but the officer assured me that since I have a clean driving record, more then likely, it will get dismissed.

All the same... It's your fault, you dirty bastard. LOL


No comments: