Sunday, September 30, 2012

Art is Self Expression

Picture Credits:
Photo Taken by BrighterNites

I can tell you this much.  The cuts aren't real.  Neither are the pills.  Well they are but, they are just an old prescription of antibiotics and red pens work best, if you don't press down too hard.

I'm just in a dark place right now and I let it reflect in this self-portrait.  As they say, "Art is form of self expression".

I call this one "Woman on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown", named after one of my all time favorite movies "Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown".

A morbid picture, I know.  But, morbidity and I have a long history and we seem to work quite well together.

Therapeutic? Yes, slightly.  Crazy? Absolutely. But, whatever gets me out of this funk.

And for the record, taking self portraits is a real pain in the ass.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your writing. Sounds mysterious and gloomy. This post reminded me of Allan Poe.

Anonymous said...

o4lvr5uu

s4bknpfk

f39s020t9d

b0vwzbyh

j8nn0mr9